Food hacks that changed my life!

After experimenting various fad diets and health routines on my pitiable body, I have finally discovered a routine that is not only working for me physically but is also an extremely convenient one to follow.

Here are few simple tricks that have worked for me in my endeavor to lead a healthy life :

  1. Delete Food delivery Apps: This decision was not easy for me. It took me days of deliberation to finally do this. But I am so glad that I took this step. It's been more than a month since I deleted Zomato and Swiggy apps from my phone. Of course, there is still an option to visit their web browser and order food but who will take that much trouble. With this, my consumption of home cooked simple food has increased and I can already feel the difference. 

  2. Outside food is not a villain : Yes I agree it is not. In fact there are many healthy options available outside our homes. Foods like salads are very hard to make at home (Not in terms of process, but the endless amount of exotic ingredients required). Hence the idea is not to cut out even healthy food options. Rather, the objective is to cut down on the frequency of eating outside food. 
  3. Sundays for desserts: Maintaining a balanced healthy diet is very difficult for someone like me who has a sweet tooth. But I discovered a hack...which is to eat sweets only once a week. I keep Sundays for my favorite desserts, you can choose any other day of the week. Also since I have only home made desserts, it becomes easy to control the quantity of sugar intake. So go ahead and indulge yourself on Sundays!
  4. Eat when hungry: Indians eat a variety of breakfasts. Each food item has its own intensity and takes its own time to settle into our tummies. If on a particular day you took two servings of Upma in breakfast rather than the usual one serving, then don't stuff yourself with lunch just because you want to have your lunch at a fixed time. Listen to your body and eat when hungry. 
  5. Litres of water: If you believe that you will get up from your seat and go to the kitchen each time during the day to fill your glass with water, it is not going to happen. Unless you are a very disciplined person. The best way to increase water intake is to always keep a 1 or 1.5 litres bottle handy around you. Refilling the bottle will be required only once or twice and by the end of the day you will end up consuming two to three litres of water. 
  6. Warm water: If you feel that you have overeaten or you feel bloated, all you need to do is slowly sip 2 to 3 glasses of warm water post meal. After an hour, your body will start feeling lighter. I try this hack when I am eating out. Outside food is generally heavy on the stomach and the warm water technique always comes to my rescue!

I know home cooked food is not a convenient option for a lot of us living fast paced lives. I will be sharing some ideas around quick and healthy recipes in a separate blog very soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the purpose of your life?

What is success?

A world of Dreams