Too much pain? - Try LOL

There is no denying that making people laugh is one of the hardest things to do in the world. Those who dismiss the comedians as nobodys should be made to stand in front of a crowd and asked to make a joke without making a joke of themselves! 

But we don't have to always go for a comedy show or a movie to laugh. There are enough people around us who can knowingly or unknowingly make us laugh. Taking the example of my elder sibling who has a very natural sense of humor. Which obviously made her more popular and, in comparison, made me being titled as boring :(  

No prizes for guessing who was the favorite child in all the social gatherings. I remember the time when we visited our native place during summer vacations. All the kid cousins would come out to greet and say a very enthusiastic Hiiiiiiiiiiiii (to the power of infinity) to my sister. And there will be a sudden drop of energy (likely a drop by 20000 ft) when the Hi would come to me..Huh! 

Ok...So she has always been more of everything and I have been languishing. But, however, much I envy her for being more popular and smart, I am also curious to understand why is she like this. I asked Google but the not-so- smart engine instead started telling me why I should develop a sense of humor as if I don’t know!

Whenever I have been unable to reach a conclusion about a personality trait, I put all the blame on the genes of a person. So yes, it must be the genes with which my sister is born that makes her so humorous and interesting! But then we come from the same parents so why are her genes of better quality? 

Anyway, my sister is undergoing a minor heart surgery in the coming weeks. During a Whatsapp call, she tells me that she is very scared and she expects all her loved ones to be equally (if not more) scared. She wants all her family members to be present in the hospital on the day of the surgery. She has also 'ordered' her office colleagues to visit her in the hospital and make sure to bring flowers. If people bring fruit baskets too during the visit, she will grinningly take the basket and say "Oh, you didn't have to do this!". 

Basically she wants this to be a one big Hum Saath Saath Hain event. 

And while we work hard to make this event a success for her, we cant help but admire her spirit for life. She has chosen to face her fear in style and of course, with a sense of humor.  

Which makes me think - Life is not easy but with people like her, it becomes more tolerable. And I hope this little story gives inspiration to some of you who are facing hardships in life. If not inspiration, I hope this made you laugh.

So for a moment try not to take yourself so seriously, try laughing away the pain and see the magic! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the purpose of your life?

What is success?

A world of Dreams