Highly Recommended Books (2023)

I started the year 2023 with a resolution that I will go back to doing what I love the most......Reading. Since the start of the year, I have been on a Readathon. In the last six months, I have devoured more than 12 books on various genres and I must say, the journey has been nothing but satisfying! 



Not all books that I read were worth reading. Some were hits and some were a major miss. But I guess that's what I like about reading, the journey of discovering the hits and misses is more important to me than the end result. 

But for you, my readers, I have curated a list of books that I personally found very enjoyable and would strongly recommend that you read them. Amazon links are also shared in case you decide to purchase:

  • How do you Live? by Genzaburō Yoshino: I wish I had read this book during my formative years. Nevertheless, it's never too late to read and appreciate the beauty and simplicity of this timeless Japanese classic. This book follows the small discoveries of life made by a young boy as he struggles and explores the concepts of spirituality, integrity, poverty and so on. Though the legendary Hayao Miyazaki is making a soon to be released feature film based on this novel, I would still recommend every young reader to give this a read! 
  • Four Thousand Weeks by Oliver Burkeman: Don't be fooled by the title. This is not one of those time management books that are available in plenty in the market. Four Thousand weeks manages to present an entirely new perspective of time without creating any FOMO. But yes, the warning is in bold - 4000 weeks is all we have on this earth! (IF we are lucky!) 
  • Silence - The Power of Quiet in a World Full of Noise by Thich Nhat: This book provides a fresh perspective on meditation and mindfulness without making it overtly preachy. The author gives some very simple techniques that we can follow to go into silence and mindfulness even when the physical environment is noisy. An absolute must read from this Vietnamese monk. 
  • Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins: David Goggins is a true Badass! His book will move you, shake you and inspire you like never before. David's journey from an overweight loser and a drug addict to a Navy Seal is absolutely unbelievable! And he is not finished yet! This has to be one of the top 10 books that I have read in my lifetime. Grab a copy of this & prepare to be inspired! 
  • Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom: Last thesis written by a loving student for his ailing and dying professor named Morrie. Keep a tissue box by your side while reading this! The lessons from Morrie are ageless. Morrie reminds us that love is the only rational act worth fighting for no matter when and where you are!
  • Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell: This is an all-time favorite of mine. I have read this ~1000 pager a number of times and I know I have the appetite for more! A classic love story set in the times of war with a strong female protagonist. I really couldn't have asked for more, this book is pure perfection!
  • Norwegian Wood by Murakami: Murakami's world is different. His world is so full of emotions that, at times, his books depress people. For some reason, human beings are not very good at handling emotions. If you are one of those people who is afraid of crying, loving or feeling vulnerable then you will need to be very brave to read this. This book is sad and dark. But Heyyy! Don't be judgmental about me if I am recommending this 😆
  • Atomic Habits by James Clear: Habits are fundamental to everything we do. I am not a big fan of theorizing life and making it too ritualistic. However, this book does surprisingly manage to give some very practical tips that can lead to small changes and resultantly big impacts in our lives. Specially recommended for new readers. 
  • Sapiens & Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari: A story of evolution of Homo Sapiens and the world of Homo deus (a world of tomorrow). This is a roller coaster ride through the history of mankind and what lies in the future. Read this with an open mind and I can assure that this book will change the way you look at the world. Jaw dropping and exhilarating!

PS: Currently reading "The Great Indian Banking Tragedy" by Tamal Bandopadhyay. Turning out to be an interesting read.  

I hope this list helps you find enough reasons to embrace the joy of reading 👀. 
Always be brave and kind!
Follow me on Gudiya Ki Duniya (gudiyakiduniya8.blogspot.com) for more on life, love and fitness. 


Amazon links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the purpose of your life?

What is success?

A world of Dreams